We recommend casual clothing for classes and a light jacket for the evenings. Temperatures range from the low 60s (at night) to the low 80s (during the day), so it's a good idea to dress in layers. If you are coming on a Spanish internship program or for Spanish professional programs, you should bring some ´business casual´ clothes. Laundry service is available at a reasonable price, so you can count on having your clothes washed once a week if you want to pack light.
- Cuernavaca has world-quality restaurants, so if you want to treat yourself to a night out on the town, bring appropriate clothes (similar to what you would wear at home if you go out to a "nice" place).
- Consider bringing a rain jacket or umbrella if you're coming to Mexico during the rainy season (approximately June--November).
- Good walking shoes are important! Cuernavaca has lots of steep cobblestone streets, plus you will probably have the chance to climb a pyramid or go on a walking tour of the city. You need stable, supportive, closed shoes (like sports shoes) - NOT flip flops - for this kind of activity.
- If you plan a weekend trip to the world famous wáter parks in Cuernavaca or simply enjoy the Mexican beaches bring a swim suit. If you want to go to a gym while you're here, bring gym clothes and athletic shoes.
- Bring an alarm clock and a washcloth if you use one. The Mexican host families will supply you with towels but washcloths are not as commonly used in Mexico as in some other places.
- Bring your laptop if you want to take advantage of Kukulcan's free wireless internet, or use wireless internet at some of the local cafés.
- Bring a good Spanish-English dictionary and any other Spanish grammar reference books (like 501 Spanish Verbs) that you think you might want to use in your Spanish language classes. We provide you with textbooks, but you may want to consult other reference books while you're studying here.
You can buy most things you need in Mexico (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.) as well as notebooks, paper, and writing instruments, so there is no need to bring these things from home unless you want to.